Moodle Research Conference 2013 – call for proposals
January 14, 2013
We would like to invite proposals to host the 2nd Moodle Research conference. This conference follows our inaugural 2 day event held during September 2012 in Crete, Greece that was organised by Moodle Partner ITisART and the CoSyLlab laboratory of the University of Piraeus, Greece, with direct support from Moodle HQ in Perth.
We are seeking draft proposals from prospective bidders before February 4th, 2013. Here are the important dates:
4th February, 2013. Draft proposals are due
15th February, 2013. Conference Coordinator Committee evaluates proposals
22nd February, 2013. Promising bidders asked for further information if necessary
4th March, 2013. Final bid selected
Draft proposals should be submitted with details about:
- Location (accessibility; conference venue, e.g., hotel or university; accommodations, e.g., hotels, motels, student dorms)
- Proposed dates
- Local Arrangements team (organiser, volunteer labor, registration handling)
- Meeting venues (space for plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, posters, exhibits, demos and small meetings)
- A/V equipment
- Budget estimates
Proposals will be evaluated in relation to a number of selection criteria (unordered):
- Experience of local arrangements team
- Accessibility and attractiveness of proposed site
- Appropriateness of proposed dates
- Adequacy of conference and exhibit facilities for the anticipated number of registrants
- Adequacy of residence accommodations and food services in a range of price categories and close to the conference facilities
- Adequacy of budget projections
See the MRC 2013 proposal template for a structure to get you started.
Please send your draft proposal or questions direct to Simos Retalis ([email protected]).