Introducing Moodle Desktop! Now available for download in the Windows Store.
July 5, 2017
News just in!
Today, our Moodle Mobile team released “Moodle Desktop,” now available for use with Windows Desktop (currently only for Version 10 with Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions coming soon) and Windows tablets (Version 10 and above).
Moodle Desktop can now be downloaded via Windows Store.
Moodle Mobile Team Leader, Juan Leyva, commented that the release of the Moodle Desktop is another step that Moodle is taking to make online learning more accessible – for students, educators and other users – who are utilising various operating systems and devices.
“We at Moodle HQ are very pleased to introduce Moodle Desktop,” commented Juan.
“Feedback has shown that Moodle users in the K-12, higher education and workplace sectors would like the option of accessing their courses through desktops, laptops or tablets, which are the devices often provided by their institutions or organisations.”
“Making Moodle Desktop available in Windows operating system is also important, as many of our users are also studying and learning in this environment.”
Moodle Desktop contains all the features, functionalities and user experience elements that you will find in Moodle Mobile, such as:
- Easy access to course content: View course activities and download materials for offline use.
- Connectivity with course participants: Quickly find and contact other people in your courses.
- Engagement in course activities: Attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more – both on and off-line.
- Easy assignment submission: Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your device.
- Checking of upcoming deadlines: View activities due, sorting by dates or by courses.
- Keeping up-to-date reminders: Receive instant notifications of private messages, forum posts, calendar events and assignment submissions.
- Tracking progress: View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans.
As with Moodle Mobile, the desktop version will be updated by Moodle HQ every two months.
You can view the compatibility specifications for Moodle Desktop and download it via Moodle downloads.
To stay up to date with Moodle Mobile news, please follow @moodlemobileapp on Twitter or join the discussions in the Moodle for mobile forum.