MoodleMoot UK & Ireland
Your Moodle conference in Ireland and the UK
MoodleMoot UK & Ireland is our annual conference dedicated to users, developers and administrators of the very popular open-source Moodle LMS, where we share good practices, insights and tips, and also facilitate hands-on workshops on the use of Moodle in education, training and research.
- Connect with our community of educators, instructional designers, L&D professionals and open-source developers in Ireland and the UK.
- Learn from good practices, insights and tips on successfully using an LMS to meet e-learning goals in Education institutions, Workplaces and more
- Join in the social activities and the legendary gala dinner with a live band and DJ
MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2020
We’re pleased to host MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2020 in Dublin, from 6-8 April 2020. We’re looking forward to learning, collaborating, networking together and having a good time at a Moodle Party!
Interested in supporting MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2020 as a sponsor?
Moodle events are supported by the contribution of sponsors and exhibitors, providing relevant services and support for education technology.
If you and your organisation are interested in supporting MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2020 as a sponsor, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com so that we can talk with you about sponsorship options that would be best suited to your organisation/company.
Early bird pricing ends 23 Feb 2020!
Submit a presentation
The deadline for presentation submissions has passed. For any presentation related enquiries, please contact us.
For any enquiries about this event, please contact the event organiser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Moodlers, we’re pleased to host MoodleMoot UK & Ireland 2019 in Manchester, from 15-17 April 2019. We’re looking forward to learning, collaborating, networking together and having a good time at a Moodle Party!
Success stories and usage studies in Education
- Blending Moodle Tools for Postgraduate Studies: a Recipe for Success – Aurélie Soulier, Royal Agricultural University
- Integrating Module Design, Gradebook and Marks Return through Moodle – Michael Hughes, University of Strathclyde
- Gamification – does it work? -Dr Mark Glynn, Dublin City University
- Bite Sized CPD: Introduction to Learning Online – Stephen Bruce, Edinburgh Napier University
- Beyond Moodle: centralised user management across multiple Moodle estates – Chris Brown, Cambridge Assessment International Education and Peter Spicer, Catalyst Europe
- Moving to Moodle from Blackboard – Joost Elshoff, on behalf of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
- Moodle Mobile at the OU: What do students really want? – Davina Beegoo-Price, The Open University
- Israel’s high-school science Personalized Teaching and Learning (PeTeL) platform featuring a social network of teachers for content sharing – Asaf Bar Yosef & Nadav Kavalerchik, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Bridging the gap: Managing an entire college’s continuous assessments using Moodle – Rob Lowney, Hibernia College
- Computer-marked questions without the quiz – Tim Hunt, The Open University
- Moving from Student Records to Moodle+ for Assessment Management – Richard Oelmann, University of Gloucestershire
- Out of the comfort zone: Increasing social presence through gamification – Allison McKay, Hibernia College
- Preparing for future teaching: How to interlink Moodle and virtual reality media? – Dr Gergely Rakoczi, Vienna University of Technology
- Lessons Learned from Upgrade Season – Claire Machia, eThink Education
- Learner Analytics: Using data to improve student success – Stephen Livesey & Anu Laitakari, Kaplan Open Learning
- A.R.M. – The Great Moodle Update (Annual Rollover of Moodle) – Greg O’Brien, Griffith College Dublin
- Moodle is for life, not just Christmas – Dr Tim Hunt & Sharon Monie – The Open University
- Two Become One: Making a true Mahoodle – Brett Lucas, Queen Mary University of London & Peter Spicer, Catalyst
- Moodle is where the heart is: a central learning platform for all students, faculty and staff – Rob O’Neill & Rob Lowney, Hibernia College – POSTER
- Enhance user experience in Moodle – Dr Camille Tardy, University of Geneva
- Making backups better – Matt Porritt, Catalyst Australia
- Adding a custom course format to the Moodle app – Mark Johnson, The Open University
- Debugging from the Trenches – Carlos Escobedo, Moodle HQ
- Moodle Mobile: how to build and test support for your custom module – Sam Marshall, The Open University
- Transform your MoodleCloud site theme and make it look incredible with just a stylesheet – Lewis Carr, AdaptiVLE Ltd
Moodle Development, Design and Functionality
- The checklist checklist – Davo Smith – Synergy Learning
- Converting to PDF at scale – Matt Porritt, Catalyst Australia
- Streamlining the end-to-end assessment process with Moodle – Roger Emery & Sarah Cotton, Solent University
- Just In Time training and Performance support: User Tours in context – Karen Holland, Learning Technology Services
- Export Component Grades – Marcus Green, Titus Learning
- Evaluate your Moodle implementation in 3 easy steps – Gavin Henrick – Learning Technology Services
- Subcourse – my new favourite plugin – Sam Taylor, Catalyst IT Europe
- The power of User eXperience design – David Broomfield – Hampshire Fire & Rescue
- Top tips for designing accessible courses – Karen Holland – Learning Technology Services
- Troubleshooting Moodle – Marcus Green – Titus Learning
- Get your Moodle Fix(ed)! – Olivia Fox & Matt Goral – University of London
Moodle in the Workplace
- Broadway Travel and Moodle – Enabling Training and Development to Travel – Paul Ferguson, Broadway Travel
- Competencies – The key to unlocking effective performance management – Edd Clementson, Titus Learning
- Using the database activity to create a practice learning library for health and social care – Jon Bolton, Scottish Organisation for Practice Teaching
- The Building Blocks of a Successful Moodle Site – Claire Machia & Todd Mathews, eThink Education