Would you like to see how your learners are progressing?
Or to gauge their opinions and needs?
You can at a glance with the choice activity!
The choice activity enables teachers to set up voting options with a radio/option button. A learner can then choose a particular option.
The feature can be used in multiple ways; from facilitating student decision making, to testing a student’s understanding of a subject, or to take a poll to get students thinking.
Teachers can see their students’ responses via the “view responses” link. They are also able to take control of the choices feature by making selections for students who fail to do so themselves.
So how do you set up a choice?
Teachers and site admins can quickly set up choices by following these steps:
- Turn the editing on from the gear menu in the top right corner of your Moodle page.
- In the section where you would like to add your choices, click the link “add an activity or resource”. This will open Moodle’s activity chooser, as shown below.
- Click the “choice” button once to bring up examples of how to use the choice activity. Here you will also find links to further help.
- Double click the “choice” button to go to the setup screen, which will look like the image below.
- Next, give the activity a name and a description. This will be visible to your learners once the choice activity has been published.
- Select if you want to display the options vertically (if you only have a few options) or (if you have more) horizontally.
- You can then further customise your activity by deciding if you want the choice to be updated, if you want more than one choice to be selected, if you wish to limit the number of responses and more.
- Finally click “save and return to course”.
For more information about the choice activity feature check out the Moodle documentation: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Choice_activity
Or watch the Learn Moodle video.