Interested in joining us as a speaker at MoodleMoot Global 2023? Submit your abstract before the 2nd June – less than two weeks away! The theme for this year’s Moot is ‘Lifelong learning’. We invite Moodlers from any educational, training, or learning fields to come together to learn from each other, share findings, brainstorm, and explore best practices.
There will be five different presentation methods at this year’s event, 5 minute lighting talks, 15 minute short presentations, 30 minute presentations, workshops between 60–120 minutes, and poster presentations. We are accepting abstracts on the following topics:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education and Training
- How Artificial Intelligence is changing education and the workplace
- Building core competencies with Moodle
- Addressing inclusivity and equity within Moodle courses
- Soft skills revolution – strengthening learners’ critical thinking, interpersonal and creative skills
- Using Moodle to support Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths (STEM) delivery
- Sharing Moodle experience – recent tales from the community
If you don’t have your conference abstract ideas ready yet, we have provided you with a list of questions to help you brainstorm and shape your submission.
How to submit your abstract
To submit an abstract you need to create an account on moodlemoot.org, the same account that you need to register for the Moot, and then follow the link to become a speaker. All selected speakers and poster presenters will be notified by email about the outcome by the 16th June. We will then provide you with detailed information about your approved presentation method and what you can do to prepare for the event. We encourage speakers to share their presentation slides in advance of the event to help the audience engage with your presentation.
We’re going to be accepting Powerpoint files (pptx) for the presentations, so if you’re using Keynote or another presentation software, please make sure you export your files as pptx. This will help us to use our auto-translation and auto-captioning system for your talk, making the event more accessible for everybody. You will be able to submit your pptx files on the moodlemoot.org closer to the date of the event.
Tips for your submission
To help you submit a compelling abstract, here are some tips:
- Craft a concise and clear abstract title.
- Review the topic questions on our website to generate ideas.
- In the metadata field, add a stream: “School and Higher Education” or “Workplace training and learning.”
- Consider your target audience and what would interest them:
School, Higher, Further Educators (post-secondary)
Vocational Educators, Workplace Trainers
Moodle Developers, Moodle Administrators.
- Specify the level you will pitch to: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Add relevant keywords that describe your presentation.
- Ensure your abstract is relevant to a global audience, as attendees from 60+ countries will be present. Use simple language that non-native English speakers can understand.
- Cover the ‘what’, ‘why’ and ‘when’ to summarise your key take-away points.
If you think of anything else you wish to add to your abstract submission, you can always log back into the website and update it up until the due date of the 2nd of June. We look forward to reading your submissions!
For more information on everything you need to know about attending and presenting at MoodleMoot Global 2023, we invite you to watch our special presentation ‘Get Ready for MoodleMoot Global 2023’