What defines a “significant learning experience” for you and your learners? How can Moodle tools be utilized to create significant online learning experiences for all? In this interactive session, we will use Fink’s (2013) taxonomy of significant learning experiences and framework for integrated course design to explore Moodle activities, resources, and features.
While future webinars in this series will go into more detail about the “how to’s” of these tools, we will focus on the “why,” providing examples of how Moodle can support the six kinds of learning – Learning How to Learn, Foundational Knowledge, Application, Integration, Human Dimension, and Caring – that come together to create a significant learning experience.
In this webinar you’ll learn how to:
- Use integrated course design to inform your Moodle course-building decisions
- Identify the six kinds of significant learning
- Explore Moodle tools associated with each kind of significant learning
- Create an integrated course design map to plan online learning experiences, modules, and courses
- Reflect on how you can create integrated significant learning experiences in your course