Moodle Mobile 3.2 is now available!
December 12, 2016
A week following the major Moodle release, Moodle Mobile 3.2 is now available for downloading from Google Play and will be available from Apple’s App Store in days.
In line with the web version, Moodle Mobile 3.2 is focussed on improving user experience and performance, making more features accessible at the touch of a button.
Juan Levya, Moodle Mobile team leader, highlighted some key points about Moodle Mobile 3.2.
“With Moodle 3.2 we have been aiming towards a more harmonised experience between the web and mobile version of Moodle,” said Juan.
“There are many exciting and major new features in Moodle Mobile 3.2 that are similar to the new functionalities that a user will find in the upgraded web version.”
“It is also important to note that most of these new features will be accessible only in Moodle 3.2 sites, so if you need assistance to firstly upgrade your website, please contact your local Moodle Partner or join the discussions in the Moodle for mobile forum on moodle.org.”
“Some of the new features will be available for earlier versions of Moodle with the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin. To find more information on this, please refer to the Moodle Mobile 3.2 release notes.”
Key new features in Moodle Mobile 3.2 include:
- Auto-login on your mobile:
- Users are automatically logged in to their site in a mobile browser when coming from the app, so that accessing your Moodle site is faster and easier between mobile app and browser.
- Sign up straight from your mobile
- If the site allows it, users now can create a Moodle account directly on the mobile app without needing to go onto the website.
- New “Grades” link
- A new “Grades” link in the side menu means that users can now have faster access to their total grades in all courses.
- Assignment grading
- Teachers can now grade assignments, with points and written feedback, using only the Moodle Mobile App. This grading feature can also be accessed offline.
- Messaging and notifications
- Configure how you want to be alerted from a new preferences page which makes notifications even more efficient on the mobile app.
- Update a profile picture
- Users can now update their profile picture by taking a photo on their phone or choosing one from their photo library.
- View badges in profile
- In Moodle Mobile 3.2, students can view any badges they’ve received, in their profile page.
- Single Sign On Support (SSO)
- The app now supports Moodle 3.2 sites with SSO auth plugins like Shibboleth, CAS and Google Auth so that you don’t need to install any plugin for the app to work on these sites.
“There are also a number of improvements in Moodle Mobile 3.2 which will help users get more things done directly on their mobile device,” said Juan.
“This includes, performance improvements which will make the mobile app work faster and reduce data consumption on all devices, a redesign of the “My Courses” screen to improve usability and ability to change or update passwords directly on the mobile device.”
“A full list of the improvements in Moodle Mobile 3.2, along with detailed information on the key features mentioned above are now available in our release notes.”
Organisations and institutions can now also access all of the latest functionalities, innovation and stability of Moodle Mobile combined with their own custom branding.
“The Branded Moodle Mobile App is a hassle-free solution for institutions and workplaces that use Moodle to have their courses available to their learners on a mobile app, with their own branding, and have it completely supported and maintained by Moodle,” said Juan.
“To get a Branded Moodle Mobile App, simply call your local Moodle Partner or if you don’t have one, visit moodle.com/mobileapp and we can help you find a Partner.”
To find out about the new features and improvements more detail and to join the conversation on Moodle Mobile 3.2: