Certify your skills with the Moodle Educator Certification program
✔ Have you taught with Moodle LMS or Moodle Workplace™ for at least a year?
✔ Have you already completed a Moodle course on Moodle Academy, Learn Moodle or training with a Certified Service Provider?
If so, then consider certifying your skills with the Moodle Educator Certification (MEC) program.
What is the Moodle Educator Certification?
The MEC is a certification program for educators, or learning and development professionals, who have experience in teaching or training with Moodle LMS or Moodle Workplace. The MEC emphasises the importance of developing pedagogic and professional competencies to enhance and innovate online education and training. Although it is not a training program, as participants progress through the certification process they will reflect on their practice and this will strengthen their understanding and confidence when teaching with Moodle.
MEC is based on the widely used and accepted European Framework for the Digital Competence for Educators (DigCompEdu). It is a six-course certification program that allows experienced Moodle educators or learning and development professionals to demonstrate their expertise in teaching or creating learning development programs with Moodle LMS or Moodle Workplace and obtain official certification directly from Moodle.
Are you ready for the MEC?
If you feel you meet the requirements for the MEC, take this short quiz Are you ready for the MEC?. Based on your score in the pre-placement quiz, we’ll give you more information on getting certified.
Demonstrate your expertise with a Moodle Educator Certification
Advance your career with certification
- MEC is based on the widely-used and accepted European Framework for the Digital Competence for Educators (DigCompEdu).
- Develop your online pedagogy skills and become a more accomplished, effective and engaging online educator or learning and development professional.
- Enhance your reputation with official recognition for your skill at managing Moodle courses.
- Earn a badge for each of the six courses, plus a Moodle Educator Certificate from Moodle.
Advance the quality of education you provide
- Improve the quality of your courses, enhance learner engagement and improve learner outcomes.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of your institution or organisation’s education programmes.
Structure of the Moodle Educator Certification program
The MEC program provides educators with a place to demonstrate digital competencies using the Moodle platform.
The full MEC program consists of 22 competencies, based on the European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators (DigCompEdu).
The MEC is offered through our Certified Service Providers who have been trained and certified by Moodle HQ to facilitate the certification program.
Final certification will be determined by Moodle HQ and you will be awarded a certificate from Moodle upon successful completion of the program.
Are you ready for the MEC?
If you have taken the short quiz Are you ready for the MEC? and met the requirements, please complete the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch with you.