This time 18 years ago in August 2002, our founder & CEO Martin Dougiamas first released the Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning System.
Today, it is just known as Moodle, the world’s most trusted and widely used LMS, where over 67% of higher education institutions* worldwide are now using the platform (*source: ListedTech 2020), with over 160,000 registered Moodle sites* in existence. (source: stats.moodle.org)
That’s quite an achievement, don’t you think? On our birthday, we want to hit pause for just a moment to revisit where Moodle HQ started, what we’ve accomplished since then, and where we’re heading in the future. Over the course of the next few weeks (birthdays are a month-long celebration in our books) we’ll be sharing our Moodle HQ story with you, the Moodle community.
Throughout the celebrations, look out for exclusive interviews with the team at Moodle HQ, our Certified Moodle Partner network and throwbacks to our key milestones and achievements.
Enter our Moodle Birthday Top Tips competition!
On our 18th birthday, we also have some prizes up for grabs for some lucky Moodlers!
We (and everyone watching) absolutely loved seeing our community’s Top Tips for using Moodle at MoodleMoot Global Online earlier this year, so we want to bring it back! This time, we’re sweetening the deal with some exciting prizes for the tips we think our community will want to see the most!
All you have to do is send us your best tip for how you use Moodle to go in the draw to win. The more tips you submit, the more chances you have of winning!
Find all the details on how to enter and you can read the terms and conditions below. Plus, we’ll be sharing these Top Tips with the Moodle community at MoodleMoot US Online from 6 – 8 October! While you’re here, make sure you grab your Early Bird tickets while they’re still available.
In the meantime, Moodle has hit some pretty big milestones lately and now that we’re officially an adult (almost everywhere around the world!), let’s see just some of what we’ve achieved in our formative years.
Moodle turns 18: A Q&A with Moodle HQ
Moodle announces geographical expansion of services with a new Reseller program
Enhance online learning with Moodle 3.9
Moodle in numbers during Covid-19
Thanks to educators around the world, we’ve reached 200 million education resources on Moodle sites!
We’ve Joined UNESCO’s COVID-19 Education Coalition
Transforming the traditional classroom with Open Education
Moodle Launches Global Certified Premium Partner Program as part of the Organisation’s Ongoing Commitment to Education
Moodle’s Founder and CEO, Martin Dougiamas, receives an Honorary Doctorate from Université catholique de Louvain.
Moodle turns 18 competition terms and conditions:
This prize draw is being held and promoted by Moodle HQ.
Participation in the Bonus Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The draw is open to entrants of the competition by Moodle HQ from 20 Aug 2020 to midnight 16 September 2020 AWST.
- Entrants must have submitted a complete form for it to be considered a valid entry. Multiple entries are accepted.
- Employees of Moodle HQ are ineligible to win.
- The total prize pool consists of a Moodle Shop voucher valued at USD $50, and two annual passes to MoodleMoot Online events run by Moodle HQ, valued at $600 each. Details of validity will be provided when the winner is notified.
- The value of prizes are approximate and may vary depending on currency at the event location.
- Prize winners will be drawn by Moodle HQ by answer selection after the competition has closed.
- Winners will be notified by email in the week commencing 21 September 2020, and before 28 September 2020.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
- The decision by Moodle HQ regarding the awarding of prizes is final and no debate will be entered into.