Every year MoodleMoots are held around the world – organised by Moodle HQ and Moodle communities in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
In September 2016, Moodle HQ is bringing the Moot to its birth city – Perth, Australia.
This year’s MoodleMoot Australia 2016 conference will deliver keynote addresses and presentations from:
- James Hamilton, Head of Learning & Technologies, Navitas – a leading global education provider;
- Melissa Silk, who is at the forefront of leading STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) education in Australia;
- and a line up of education and technology innovators from Australian and international universities (e.g. UNSW, Monash, Fiji University), businesses (from Dubai through to Sydney) and educators (from primary, secondary and tertiary levels).
In addition, as per other MoodleMoot Conferences, panel discussions, workshops, masterclasses, networking activities and a “dev jam” have also been organised.
MoodleMoot Australia 2016 conference is a very significant milestone, for two reasons:
- Moodle recently celebrated its 14th birthday. During this time, the Moodle learning management system has become the world’s most widely used system, powering online education for well over 80 million people worldwide. Users include leading education institutions such as Open Universities, Monash, Columbia and California States Universities and organisations such as the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force and Google.This conference will provide an insight into the next stage of Moodle, in its vision to facilitate the delivery of world class online education – the way learning is headed into the future.
- As the world’s economy and focus moves towards innovation and technology, Moodle is proud to be part of the force that will lead the future of education. The conference will be an opportunity to gather the brightest education innovators to share and collaborate on new online learning ideas.
“If you’re interested in openness and education then come and join us and help this global project improve,” said Dr Martin Dougiamas, founder and CEO of Moodle.
“Join in the conversation at our MoodleMoot conference from 27 – 29 September in Perth.”
You can view the full program and register for MoodleMoot Australia 2016 at https://mootau.moodlemoot.org.
Registrations are open until midnight (AWST) on Monday 19 September.