The latest version of our Moodle LMS is now available for download
Together with our community, we keep making Moodle better and better to support online learning with a modern, accessible and flexible open-source learning platform. That’s why we’ve released Moodle 3.10 with improvements for learners, teachers and administrators.
In the meantime, the team is already hard at work on some big UX improvements for Moodle 4.0 (due November 2021). But for now, let’s take a look at the new enhancements and features of Moodle 3.10:
Make the most of H5P in your Moodle courses
- Design your courses with more flexibility: in Moodle 3.10, whether you create H5P content as a standalone Moodle activity or you embed it anywhere in your course, you can have it graded and have the grades displayed in the gradebook.
- Manage H5P content easily: In Moodle 3.9, we launched a new Content bank that enables you to create and upload H5P content, store it, and use it across all of your courses. In Moodle 3.10, you can now download H5P files from the Content bank, as well as replace an existing file with an updated or corrected version, so that it is also updated anywhere you have linked to it.
- Are you new to H5P? Get access to tutorials and videos to get started when you create a new H5P activity on Moodle and quickly find your way around!
Download and browse course content offline
Enable your learners to download content from Moodle courses in a zipped folder so that they can learn offline or save it for future reference once the course is over. This feature, proposed and funded by the Moodle User Association (MUA), downloads the content from the File, Folder, Page and Label resources in the course. We hope to extend this feature to add more activities to the download in future releases.
Monetise your courses with a new payment gateway
Moodle 3.10 comes with new admin settings and a new standard plugin allowing you to enable paid enrolments, as well as specify surcharges for particular payment methods or create different payment accounts for teachers running different paid courses. Currently supporting PayPal, this new payment gateway paves the way to add support for more payment platforms in the future.
Everyone’s favourite Quiz activity gets an upgrade
Moodle Quiz is one of the most popular and loved activities in Moodle, and we’ve improved the user experience for learners in Moodle 3.10, including:
- Learners can always be aware of how much time they have left to submit a timed quiz with a new timer that follows them as they scroll down the questions
- Let your learners know that their work is done and their submitted Quizzes are saved correctly by letting them see a Quiz as ‘Completed’ even if it still needs feedback or grading from you, with a new course completion based on the number of attempts submitted
- Set a size limit to the files your learners can attach in Essay question types to make sure all uploaded files are of a reasonable size.
Dedicated to the United Nations
The release of Moodle 3.10 is dedicated to the United Nations, to celebrate their 75th anniversary and acknowledge all they are doing to improve our world.
To learn more about Moodle’s involvement with the United Nations and its initiatives by visiting our community forums on moodle.org.
Would you like to try all these on your Moodle site? Download Moodle 3.10 and upgrade your site now!