With offices in Ireland and France, Enovation is one of Europe’s leading providers of managed technology services based on open source software. We are experts in creating integrated, enterprise scale technology solutions for challenging business requirements using only proven products such as Moodle.
We work in partnership with our clients to offer full end to end solutions spanning initial consultation and planning through to delivery and ongoing support.
- Migration to Moodle
- Change Management
- Open source technology adoption
- Third party tool selection
- Large scale Moodle implementations
We have a team of instructional designers who create engaging Moodle courses using native activities and third party tools.
With almost 10 years experience working with Moodle and other open source products, we harness our strong project management capability to ensure successful delivery of complex education and training portals and solutions which are often tightly integrated to existing third party systems.
Key to successful projects is investing time up front to specify and sign-off on all aspects of the project.
- PHP, Java, Python
- MySQL, PostgresSQL
- Core Moodle development
- Sourcecode management
Managed Hosting Options
- Full outsourced hosting service including the infrastructure
- Managed service utilising the client’s infrastructure.
Regardless of which hosting model, the service we provide is governed by Service Level Agreement and includes:
- Full environment security patching
- Application security patching
- Proactive Application Monitoring
- Unlimited bandwidth (fair use policy applies)
We proactively monitor all Moodle installations on both server and application levels. Server level monitoring is continuous and checks all the vital signs of our infrastructure and includes:
- Disk and memory utilisation
- Site availability
At the application level we run nightly scripts which will:
- Ensure security settings are correct (eg file permissions, password policy etc)
- Ensure configuration is optimal
- Checks for common Moodle problems
- Monitoring if Moodle installation needs to be cleaned up, to avoid performance loss
This monitoring ensures any potential problems can be addressed before they become apparent to the end user.
Outsourced Hosting Service
The majority of our client installations are hosted in our diverse environment.
We host all of our clients on servers running Linux. The hosting options we offer include:
- Dedicated physical servers
- Dedicated virtual servers
- Secure shared hosting (separate Web and DB environment)
This framework, allows client organisations create and manage multiple Moodles while Enovation manage the technology platform (patching, upgrades backups etc).
- Create, update, delete instances easily
- Centralised reporting
- Content sharing
For more information on hosting options please click here.
Installation and Remote Management
We offer Installation and ‘iron up’ remote management and maintenance of Moodle servers with response commitments governed by service level agreement. Services include:
- Proactive monitoring
- Remote and onsite backups
- Application and environment patching
- Routine Maintenance
Our expertise in several open source products and integration techologies (SOAP, REST, SWORD) mean we can build solutions that meet complex client needs. In this way we have integrated Moodle to SAP, Banner, Airline crew management solutions and in-house systems.
Open source product integration
- Drupal / Joomla / Moodle single signon
- Alfresco repositories
- Linked learning object repositories (DSpace)
- External reporting solutions (Jasper Soft BI)
- ePortfolios (Mahara)
- LDAP / AD / NTLM
- CAS / Shibboleth
- saml, OpenID
Our team of experts, offer advice and support at the technical and pedagogical level to help our clients to get the maximum benefit from their Moodle implementation. Many of our customers sign up to yearly support contracts governed by Service Level Agreement.
- Fixed price annual support contracts
- Draw down support
- Ticketing system
- Regular reports on usage
Our graphics design team create bespoke themes to meet the corporate branding requirements of our clients.
We provide tailored face to face Moodle training to our clients covering administration and course creation. We also provide training in third party tools (e.g. Adobe Presenter) used to create learning objects to be delivered through Moodle.
We have developed several custom plugins to allow our clients analyse learner and tutor engagement. These have been developed as custom dashboars or enhanced reports. We are also Intelliboard partners for the provision of their suite of plugins and reports for enhanced analytics.
Dublin D07 X680
- Higher Education
- Schools (K-12)
- Other Sectors