Moodle Mobile is the official mobile app for Moodle.
With the Moodle Mobile app, you can learn wherever you are, whenever you want, with these popular app features:
- Easily access course content – browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Connect with course participants – quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Keep up to date – receive instant notifications of messages and other events, such as assignment submissions
- Submit assignments – Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- Track your progress – View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans
- Complete activities anywhere, anytime – attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more – both on and off-line
In addition, you can also access Moodle Desktop, so that our Moodlers can access their courses through desktops, laptops or tablets, which are the devices often provided by their institutions or organisations.
The development of our Moodle Mobile is focussed on:
- usability, which will be showcased through increased support for a number of activities and actions that aim to deliver better user experience;
- Improving the web to mobile experience, making it more seamless.
This focus is clearly demonstrated through the latest version of Moodle Mobile 3.4 – have you downloaded and tried it yet?
100% student support for the workshop activity, the ability to take payments & sign up for Moodle courses through PayPal support, and various support to do more on the go on your app are just some of the new features awaiting you!
And what’s even more exciting coming up??
Moodle Mobile 3.5 is coming in May with a new look and feel, in the form of several UX (User eXperience) performance and design improvements.
So if you have not tried our Moodle Mobile app, on mobile devices or through desktop, now is the time to do it!
And if you are an educator or facilitator wanting to make your Moodle courses mobile friendly for maximum collaborative and engaging work with your learners, we have the following tips for you, available through our Moodle Mobile documentation.
Keep up to date with all things new and exciting with Moodle Mobile by following us on Twitter @moodlemobileapp!