We are beyond excited, not to mention, proud, to be named as a finalist in the 2019 HR Awards for Best Workplace Flexibility Program.
Now in its sixth year, the Australian HR awards annual program recognises companies, individuals and teams for outstanding HR initiatives.
At Moodle HQ, we have invested a significant amount of time and effort in bridging the gap between policy and practice. Over the past 12 months, we have implemented a revised and refreshed Workplace Flexibility Guideline, and ensured that they are aligned with our team members lived experience.
“Over the past few years, flexibility has become a priority for businesses around the world. Organisations are starting to see that it has so many benefits for both the business and its people. To be recognised as a leader in this area is really motivating and exciting”.
- Holly Barnes – Head of People & Culture
Why is workplace flexibility so important to us?
Outside of the obvious objectives of increased productivity and output, we wanted and continue to want to achieve:
- Increased engagement, where our team members want to go above and beyond in their roles, unencumbered by the parameters of more traditional work patterns
- A sense of empowerment. Empowerment, in our opinion, is paramount to the success of simply getting stuff done and being a great place to work
- Effective communication, enabling our team members to collaborate across multiple time-zones in the way that best suits their productive work times
- Team member autonomy, the ability to get their work done unhindered by micro-management and in the way that works best for them
- A more balanced approach to health and wellbeing, enabling a true work/life blend
- An enhanced ability to attract and retain talent
How do we know we are doing well?
We don’t use complicated metrics, surveys or reporting to measure success. We use one simple method – we ask our people. Peakon, our monthly engagement tool, tells us that we are smashing it, that people are reaping the benefits of a truly flexible work life. Our Flexibility metric score sits at 8.9/10, our Work From Home policy metric is 9.2/10, and our Autonomy score is 8.8/10 – placing us in the top 10% of the benchmark for all metrics.
We have 100% of our team members engaging in some form of workplace flexibility, demonstrating the effectiveness of our adaptable and tailored flexibility program.
Our ways of working, technology, communication tools, policies and culture has meant we have embedded a successful flexible environment where we support our team working anywhere, any time.
We, at Moodle HQ, truly foster a strong and empowering culture that keeps everyone connected regardless of where they are or how they work.
Want to learn more about what workplace flexibility is like at Moodle HQ? Find out why Moodle is a great place to work.