Like many systems, Moodle has many small icons throughout the interface.
In Moodle 3.3, the small images that were used for these have been replaced by images from the very popular Font Awesome project!
Font Awesome is a set of fully accessible icons.
The use of a font for these images brings a number of advantages for many Moodle users:
- It improves the performance and efficiency when showing Moodle pages;
- They look great at any size, and on any resolution screen;
are high-contrast (to AAA standard) and improve accessibility for those with poor vision.
- Font Awesome also allows theme designers to easily colour the icons to make them fit with their theme.
- For Moodle plugin developers, Font Awesome provides a massive set of well-designed standard icons into core, providing great options for your development!
Enjoy the inclusion of Font Awesome in Moodle 3.3 that will help make your Moodle site look better and work faster.
Find out more about Font Awesome by watching our explanatory video below:
- Download Moodle 3.3 or contact a Moodle Partner for upgrading assistance
- Download the Moodle 3.3 Font Awesome explainer poster
- Find out more about Moodle 3.3 features in our release notes.