Moodle is proud to announce that it has formed a strategic partnership to accelerate the digital competencies of school educators from Spain, Romania, Croatia, Greece and Norway.
Funded by the European Commission’s ERASMUS+ programme for education, training and youth, Moodle’s project partners include:
- The Dept. of Education of the Generalitat of Catalonia – Spain
- Politehnica University of Timisoara – Romania
- Timis County School Inspectorate – Romania
- University of Piraeus Research Center – Greece
- University Computing Centre of the University of Zagreb – Croatia
- Premium Moodle Certified Service Provider, eFaktor – Norway.
Fostering sustainability – OpenDigCompEdu 2021-2024
The Open Digital Competences Training for School Educators (OpenDigCompEdu) project will foster sustainability by promoting open educational technologies and principles in online and blended approaches to education. In particular, the project supports the EU’s Digital Education Action Plan – Action 3 to prevent the exclusion of pupils in disadvantaged situations.
The key objectives of the three-year project are to:
- enhance the uptake of open education, open education practices, resources and open digital tools for delivering competence-based teaching.
- create and validate an understanding of the sustainability in education through open education within the Framework for open and digital competencies for educators.
- improve the achievement and recognition of digital competencies for education through e-portfolio and formal learning by introducing the OpenDigCompEdu e-portfolio and OpenDigCompEdu MOOC courses for educators.
- introduce micro-credentials and open badges in open digital competencies for school educators in the partner countries.
The project planning is now underway, and learning pathways for teachers, instructional designers, school leaders and administrators covering open digital skills curricula are in development.
The courses and micro-credential will be delivered by Moodle Academy and all the partners, and include an open digital skills syllabus of six courses with relevance to the national specifics of the partner countries. These are:
- Learn Moodle Basics
- Teaching with Open Digital Tools
- New Assessment Models
- Open Digital Education Eco-system
- Diversity & Inclusion in Education
- Climate Change in Education
Website for OpenDigCompEdu – a key project resource
The project will improve and validate the digital competencies of the new OpenDigCompEdu educators, the open, digital enablers of change and innovation. The newly-launched website will form a valuable resource for educators who want to learn more about open digital competencies and provide project updates.