Developed in close collaboration with the Moodle Community, Moodle 3.11 is now available for download
The latest release of Moodle LMS, the open source learning management system used by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, enhances the online learning experience for both educators and learners, including a new Accessibility checker toolkit and a new activity completion feature for learners.
Student activity completion: Help students organise their learning
The new student activity completion, funded by the Moodle Users Association, allows you to display the completion criteria, opening dates and closing dates for all Moodle activities on a course, both on the course page and from within each activity.
This enables your students to get a much clearer overview of their coursework at a glance, allowing them to organise their time better. You can read more on our Student activity completion blog post.
Accessibility checker for your Moodle course content
Moodle 3.11 integrates Brickfield Education Lab’s Accessibility Starter Toolkit, which helps identify common accessibility concerns in Moodle course content. All detected issues can then be displayed as a heatmap, as well as be found on a report with direct links for you to easily navigate to each issue and fix it.
Improvements in the Quiz activity
Moodle 3.11 comes with a series of improvements on the Quiz activity for both course creators and students, including:
- Settings retention: when you create a Quiz question with specific settings, these are stored so that they can be applied to the next question by default.
- Word count for Essay questions: you can now set up minimum and maximum word counts for Essay question answers, which will trigger a message for learners who don’t meet the word count requirement.
- Checking Essay question answers for plagiarism: if your Moodle site has a plagiarism detector plugin installed, it can now check academic integrity for answers to Essay questions.
And much more!
- Support for Open Badges v2.1, the latest standard for Digital Badges developed by IMS.
- You can now completely customise user profile fields and lesser used hard-coded fields have been removed.
- Change the audio and video playback speed: VideoJS, Moodle’s integrated media player, now allows users to select the playback rate for video and audio files.
- Improvements in H5P, including an option to create ‘unlisted’ H5P content that will not show up in the Content bank until you decide to make it public to other teachers.
- Support for Shared Drives in Google Drive repository
Dedicated to Moodle Partners
Moodle 3.11 is dedicated to our network of Certified Moodle Partners. Without them, Moodle’s growth and reach would not have the same global impact it has today. We thank them for their commitment to Moodle and more broadly to facilitating the development of high quality learning environments.
Ready to try the new features?
- Download Moodle 3.11 today
- For organisations who require expert assistance in hosting, customisation, training and support, contact a Moodle Certified Partner.
- Sign up for our Learn Moodle Basics MOOC -starting June 7- and try Moodle 3.11 on your practice course while you learn the basics of teaching with Moodle.